My photos

Photographs in and around Andong, Korea and any place else I may visit in my travels. Most of these are scenery, but there are the odd people photos now and then. No, the people aren't usually odd.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Daejeon, South Korea

Just passing time till I kick the bucket. I try to make my life about living rather than working.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Architecture

About two thirds of the way between Andong and Dosan Seowon is a place called Ocheon-ri Relics Site (오천 유적지). Basically it is the remains of a village that was originally located where Andong lake currently is. When the water started to rise, the houses were moved to this location to preserve them for future generations.

Here, you can read the information plaque for yourself.

I have been here several times, stopping on my rides between Andong and Dosan Seowon, and I have yet to see the exhibition hall mentioned above open, weekdays or weekends. Of course I wouldn't be able to read any of the exhibits, but it still might be interesting to see.

There won't be much commentary on these photos. I just wanted to share so you can see a little of how things used to be.




A couple of shots showing a general view of the houses.





There are a couple of different styles of houses located here.



One house from two different angles.




Just a little color of the season.


A compound gate ...



... and the steps leading up to it.



A few more houses ...



...



...



An interesting gate, and yes, it is a bit smaller than it should be.



A few interior shots and close ups.









I am not sure if the sign is a name, or if it says something about 'life style.' (Edit: Thanks to a good friend, I now know I am pretty stupid. That sign means "The place for trying on traditional Korean clothing.")




Just thought I would end with a little more color.



Be sure to click on any photo to see it bigger. I hope you enjoyed this particular group of photos. Next time, winter!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robert.
It is always gooood to see your new photos and make me excited with what the future pictures are.

:"의생활체험장" literally means the place for experiencing to wear a traditional korean clothes.

1:14 AM, July 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home