My photos

Photographs in and around Andong, Korea and any place else I may visit in my travels. Most of these are scenery, but there are the odd people photos now and then. No, the people aren't usually odd.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Daejeon, South Korea

Just passing time till I kick the bucket. I try to make my life about living rather than working.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Friends

It has been a while since I have posted any new photos here. I apologize for that. I have just been a bit lazy.

Since I just sent some photos to friends, I thought I would share those photos with you too. The first three photo sets are hosted on different photo storage sites, so I'll give you the overview image and you can click it to see all the images.

The first set is from a new friend from Seoul, an architect, and a very nice young woman, Jeongeun. She came down to visit Andong and Dosan Sewon. Anyone who visits me gets the obligatory photos of the visit. These were the ones I took while she was here. Click on the collage above to see them all.

The second set was taken when Myeonghee came to visit Andong. It was her first time here. Myeonghee Lives in Onyang, but I met her a long time ago when I worked in Yesan. Since it was her first time, we went to Hahoe village. It was pretty hot, but we still had a nice time. Click the collage and see the photos of Myeonghee at Hahoe.

The final set is just a few pictures from when I went back to Cheongju to visit a good friend, Youngmi. It had been a while since we had met, and it was my turn, so I went back to my old stomping grounds to say hello. Here we went to a park after lunch. It is her turn to visit me now, but it may be a while. It seems to be just one visit per year.

The last two photos are of some friends/students who came to visit me at my place to have dinner.

I made them switch places in the two photos, but in this first photo, from left to right, it is Eunjin, Jeongim, and Youngmi.

Eunjin, on the right in this photo, is now in China studying Chinese and such. The other two are still in Andong. They are quite a group of young ladies. And cute, too.

I hope you enjoyed meeting some of my friends here in Korea. I'll try and get back to a regular picture posting schedule soon.

14 Comments:

Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

Nice to meet you, friends of Robert ^_^

Long time you don't post ;)

6:20 AM, September 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Robert,

10:10 PM, September 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellow Robert?
Can you guess who I am?
I am one of your friends who begins to like you.
I enjoyed your photos and also
happy that you look happy in your
photos.
Whether or no, who am I?

4:00 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Alimamo said...

Hmm, No, I can't really guess who you are. Can you give me a hint, please?

Robert

8:45 PM, September 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Robert,
How could!...
However that's true, there are so many people who like you.

There is a Korean proverb that "ignorance is bliss"
I don't want to solve your curiosity, because that will make you happy in troble.
"Maybe she?" no "probaly she!"
like this....haha

1:35 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Alimamo said...

Well, I am certain there are not that many people who like me.

Ignorance may be bliss, but since you have told me you exist, I am no longer ignorant.

And now I am dieing of curiosity.

Won't you save me?

10:23 PM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear cute Robert,

Are you still alive?
Yes, I've never heard like the curiosity makes people die..
And I am dying of fun...*^^*

I think you may already know who I am because I gave you some hints in the loose sentences.

Robert,,,,
Don't pretend not to know that..*^^*;

J-

10:31 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Alimamo said...

I am dieing slowly. You have heard the phrase "Curosity killed the cat"? Well it can kill people, too, it just takes longer. ;-)

Honestly, I really don't know. You could be anyone, but I expect you are Korean.

I must be a bad dectective, because I can't seem to see any clues very well. Sometimes things have to be spelled out for me to see them clearly.

You have started with the "J", so please keep spelling and end my torment. ;-)

(Though we should probably take this to email since anyone can comment here.)

1:37 PM, October 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day, curiosity made my 5-year old nephew be a superman and he almost flew in the air.
Yes, Curiosity can kill people.

However are you still alive?
Right!...Yes...Like the curiosity can't kill the people.
Here is another Korean proverb "Time heals all pain"
Now, you may not be curious that anymore, right?

"Ignorance" is better for you because I am not your desirable person certainly.
Do you know this phrase "The big expectation brings the bigger disappointment"? -> is it a right expression?
I don't want to make you disappointed.

10:19 PM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Alimamo said...

Still alive, but only lingering.

I'll always be curious. After all, it is curiosity which leads us to new places, new pleasures, and new pursuits.

Who knows if you are the desirable one for me. We wouldn't know unless we had a chance to try and fulfill that desire even for a moment.

And yes, the higher you climb, the further you fall, but we'll never reach the stars if we never climb as high as possible and stretch out our hands.

:-)

11:40 PM, October 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever felt a sense of futility after you know about the reality?
Good for you. stop here.
I had a real good time...*^^*

However I am a bit disappointed that you still don't catch who I am, because that means there are so many people who like you.

And...
I hope that the curiosity leads us to new places, new pleasures, and new pursuits and would like to reach the stars.

Still you would like to solve this curiosity, we can have a game more.

J.

1:36 AM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Alimamo said...

No, it doesn't mean that there are that many people who like me. I know that isn't the case. I can think of maybe three "J"s that I know and I wouldn't want to make a mistake.

Even if I found out the reality, there would be no sense of futility. After all, I would then know of someone who liked me. And then I could more easily, and assuredly return the affection.

I would love to continue to new places and new pleasures. No need to end the game now.

Taunt and tease me some more but remember to give me more clues.

11:53 PM, October 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why you mentioned like this "Taunt and tease me some more."
I've never, ever blamed you. why?
However I found another 'anonymous' who blamed you. That was not me...
Look at there 2 posting time, one is 5:31AM and another is 5:48AM.
For your reference, I am not a morning person who blamed people behind them.
I think you don't need to care, be down or get hurt about that, because she(?) may be also one of your friends who liked you....^^

Also don't worry!
She(?) can't be my competitor, both beauty and intelligence.(just kidding...*^^*)

After this, find "anonymousj" on subeject line in your mail box.

9:42 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Alimamo said...

Taunting and teasing doesn't always have to be bad. it can also be done in a playful/fun manner.

Hmm, if there is more than one person, that would be amazing. But I will keep waiting to hear from you- that special letter of an alphabet.

11:43 PM, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home